Monday, November 20, 2023, 1:00 PM - 5:30 PM
Address: Roseville Campus, 2120 Lexington Ave N, Roseville, MN US 55113
Contact: Vonn DornbushVonn Dornbush
Buy groceries to fill a Thanksgiving food basket for a family in need, and bring your food to Calvary Church’s Roseville Campus for immediate distribution to people in our congregation and at area inner-city churches. Drivers will distribute the baskets the same evening.
Please complete the registration form below to let us know you plan to fill a basket!
Bring the grocery items listed at right in a heavy corrugate box with handles (available at Cub Foods). Try to avoid substitutions. If unavoidable, substitute an item that is easy to prepare. For instance, buy a fresh pie and freeze rather than ingredients for a pie. Purchase stuffing that can be prepared on the stove. Gravy can be in cans, jars, or a dry mix.
Quantities listed are for feeding a family of five.
• Turkey (12-15 pounds)
• Stuffing (Stovetop, Jiffy, or similar brands. Cornbread is preferred but hard to find.)
• Sweet potatoes (4 fresh or 2-15 oz cans)
• 1 can cranberry sauce
• 2 cans green beans
• 2 cans corn
• 1 box instant mashed potatoes or 5 fresh baking potatoes
• 1 gravy mix or 1 jar of gravy
• 1 box cornbread mix
• 1 frozen apple or pumpkin pie
• 1 container Cool Whip or Reddi Wip whipped topping
• 1 dozen eggs
• 1/2 gallon milk in a plastic container, not waxed cardboard
• Bottled or frozen juice
• 1 pound butter or margarine
• Heavy corrugate box
Questions? Contact Miriam Hill.
If you know someone who would benefit from a basket, contact Vonn Dornbush (651.558.2603).