Your life experience and wisdom are valued at Calvary Church, and there are lots of events and activities to keep senior adults (65+) engaged with each other and other generations.
Senior Adult Events
Pumpkin Pie Get-Together
Wednesday, October 7 / 4-5:30pm
Roseville Campus (Outdoors—Parking Lot)
Join other Senior Adults for some pumpkin pie and coffee, a devotional by Pastor Ralph, and fellowship! ALL ARE WELCOME whether you feel like a senior adult or not!
- The event will be canceled in case of rain or if the temperature is under 50 degrees, so please provide a phone number and email address on the registration form and we will get in touch with you if plans change.
- Please RSVP HERE.
- If you would like to register by phone please leave your name and phone number for LeAnn Ogilvie at 651.558.2602.
- Bring a lawn chair. We’ll have folding chairs available in case you forget!
- Even though we’ll be outside, we encourage you to wear masks when you are not eating.
- Bathrooms will be available inside the church—with social distancing, of course!
Registration deadline is midnight on Monday, October 5.
Senior Adult Newsletter
Each month, we put together a mini-newsletter just for you. You’ll find a hard copy of these at the Welcome Center of your campus, and there’s a link to the most current newsletter below. If you’d like past issues of the newsletters, contact the Church Office. We have plenty to share!
Senior Adult Lunch
On the second Thursday of each month, join other seniors for a special speaker or entertainment, and a delightful lunch. These lunches are held all year long, with no break during summer! Current dates and topic always posted below. Buses pick up at EagleCrest and Scandia Shores—contact Ralph Gustafson (below) for more info.
LUNCHES ARE POSTPONED THROUGH NOVEMBER 12, 2020
Thursdays / 12-2pm
Roseville Campus / Atrium
Cost $7, pay at the door. RSVP by signing up at the Welcome Center or calling the Church Office at 651.487.2855 by Monday prior to lunch.
Staff Contacts for Senior Adults
Senior Adults & Volunteer Development Pastor
Office Hours—Monday & Tuesday / 8am-4pm
Senior Adult Council
The five-member Senior Adult Council (SAC) was created with the goal of broadening and expanding the senior adult ministry at Calvary Church. This advisory group is a sounding board for both our Senior Adults & Volunteer Development Pastor and the senior adults in our congregation. Please feel free to contact any of these SAC members with your concerns, suggestions, or ideas for this demographic.
Don Anderson / Sojourners Life Group Representative
Gordon Hamann / Ambassadors Life Group Representative
Connie Murtaugh / Kingdom Builders Life Group Representative
Mark & Kathy Robertson / Equippers Life Group Representatives
Nancy Boucher / White Bear Campus Representative